URL Shortening ServicesIf you have any other questions, please email us at mail [at] getlinkinfo [dot] com
- Which URL shortening services are supported?
GetLinkInfo supports ALL URL shortening services, including tinyurl.com and bit.ly! Not only does it show the expanded URL, it also shows the page's title and description (if the page has this information), using which you can decide whether to visit the link or not.
- The download links are not displayed.
This may be due to the following reasons:
- You clicked on Cancel when prompted to run the Download applet in a browser such as Firefox when the dialog box was first displayed. You may need to restart the browser for it to prompt again as Firefox "remembers" your choice for the whole session.
- The applet may be unable to connect to YouTube.
- What are the system requirements for the download links to be displayed?
- How do I check if Java is installed on my system?
Visit this page to check if you have Java enabled: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
- Which YouTube video formats can I get the download links for?
Any format in which the video is available from YouTube. YouTube supports MP4 (HD/Non-HD), FLV and 3GP. A YouTube video may not be avaialbe in all formats. Download links are displayed only for those formats in which the video is available from YouTube.
- Why is video information for some videos not displayed?
GetLinkInfo cannot display video information and download links for videos:
- that require you to sign in.
- that are available for viewers in a particular country. GetLinkInfo servers are located in United States, so the video must be available for viewers in US for GetLinkInfo to retrieve the video information.
- How does GetLinkInfo determine whether a website is safe to visit or not?
GetLinkInfo uses data from Google Safe Browsing to indicate if a website is safe to visit. GetLinkInfo checks the URL entered against the list of all websites containing malware (malicious software that may harm your computer), and phishing sites. This list is maintained by Google and periodically updates this data from Google.
- What is Google Safe Browsing?
Read more about Google Safe Browsing here: http://code.google.com/apis/safebrowsing/
- How accurate is the Safe Browsing advisory?
Google works to provide the most accurate and up-to-date phishing and malware information. However, it cannot guarantee that its information is comprehensive and error-free: some risky sites may not be identified, and some safe sites may be identified in error.
- Why are the URL redirections displayed by GetLinkInfo different from the ones I observe in my browser?
Websites can dynamically determine where to redirect, based on factors such as your location. E.g. Google.com in United States does not redirect, but Google.com in UK may redirect to Google.co.uk. Our servers are located in the United States, so the redirections based on location will appear the same as to a user in United States.
- The thumbnail image displayed for the link is different from the actual page.
This may be due to two reasons: the page may have been updated after the last time the screenshot was taken, or the thumbnail may belong to the homepage of the website you are visting. Thumbnail data is provided by ThumbShots, it's not technically feasible to store the screenshots for each and every webpage on a website.